Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Virginia Double

Well yesterday was my wedding anniversary so I took the day off and thanks to a great wife (24 great years together and counting) I got to hunt both in the morning and evening on my 20 acres up in the Shenandoah Mountains of Virginia. I don't do a ton of hunting on my own property but it's nice to be hunting less than 300 yards from your house. Well I got it done with the muzzle loader in the morning on a nice fat doe and also had a nice black bear (about 250lbs) within 50 yards but couldn't get a clear shot through some thick brush so he got a pass this time. So a great morning and I'm spending the rest of the day with the wife doing my duties as the happy husband. We get home and the wife tells me to go hunting (after allot of begging of course) so I'm up in my favorite ladder stand and in walks this freak rack buck within 50 yards of my stand and I smoke him with my percussion cap smoke pole and so ends a great day in the woods for me. My first double on my own property and damn it would have been nice to add that bear to the total.


No comments:

Post a Comment